I am almost done nursing Lara. It felt weird to go through my cabinets, and put certain bottles away, breastmilk storage bags, etc. Away for good. I've made it through the year, with smooth-sailing. I know it is not like that with every mother, so I feel blessed it was so easy.
I will be gone for the weekend, so I am trying to get everything in order: laundry, food for Dustin, cleaning the house, making baby food, etc. I am excited to spend the whole weekend with friends, not cook, not clean, not being responsible for anyone. But I am also sad to leave Lara!! She is my BFF!
Dustin is in class all day today. He is getting close to thesis work. I do not envy him. While he was in class, Lara and I logged onto IM, and started a video conversation with him. He tried to be discreet. We sat in the office while we did this, and now the office is a disaster because Lara happened to it.
Do you want to hear something crazy? I shared this with friends last night, and they couldn't believe it. Dustin and I thought it was crazy too originally. Fevers are not harmful, and therefore, doctors do not really worry about babies' fevers until they reach 107 degrees! Now, I should probably say here that you should call your doctor if the fever has reached 103. Apparently, babies can handle fevers much better than adults. It is also unnecessary to treat a fever under 102 degrees with even basic tylenol. I do not follow that rule though. Lara likes tylenol, I give it to her lots! (Okay, not really lots, but I have been known to give it to her every once in awhile when she is really really fussy and I can't tell what's wrong.)
Oh, laundry's done!
2 comments:
Post a Comment