Continuing to do well here. Recovering well. No news on this front.
Dustin has been doing a wonderful job of mother and housekeeper. :D
Dustin asked me today, "HOW do you do this all day? And without a nap?" He went on to say, "You know, I'm so tired I could take a nap, but this is finally my chance to do something for me." To which I showed him our TO DO list and replied, "Lately, I haven't even been doing anything for me! I just keep working!" So Dustin and I went outside this afternoon and took care of some outdoor work. We are very close to being done with everything. I've already taken some pictures for when we list the house. It's nice to know we are so close. And the house feels so clean!
I cannot believe that summer is already upon us. I hope I see things settle down a little so I can enjoy it. I enrolled Lara and Claire in some programs at the library, though Lara does not like to go into a class by herself. She loves her class at church, and often insists that she go by herself, but it took several weeks before that would happen. So I am not sure if even the library class will work out.
Thank you, my friends, for your thoughts to me regarding a previous post. I know all to well that that is just the way people are. And I do want to say that I have some really nice friends who have done a lot for me in the past. Like, for instance, after I gave birth to Claire, I didn't have to cook for a month!! I had people praying for me during my surgery, and afterward, friends and family visited and brought me food...Grandparents were taking great care of the kids, and at some point, I have no idea when, our neighbors took care of one of the yuckiest jobs we had in front of us, and scrubbed the mold off the side of our house. I appreciate all this from the bottom of my heart. And, of course, it's not about what people are doing for me anyway. It was just about what people SAID they would do, then left me hanging-which I know doesn't have as much to do with me, as it does that they just opted to have a different day-a day that didn't involve gross cleaning on a hot day. Who could blame them? I am just trying to extend some understanding and grace.
So, anyway, these last few days have been a little hazy, and I am probably milking it to take a MUCH needed break from everyday life. A break from the constant cooking, constant cleaning, constant disciplining. I've been thinking a lot more about taking time for myself. I used to be anti-take-time-for-myself-and-stay-glued-to-the-house-all-the-time, because of the guilt I feel for going out and doing something fun. Why is there guilt? How does that make any sense? But I can see that when I don't have fun, man, I get cranky and mean. I am NOT NOT a good mother. I don't create a home of warmth and comfort. Everyone starts annoying me, and I barely have the energy to carry on a conversation with Dustin at the dinner table. So I am going to be getting very serious about leaving the house for rejuvenation on a regular basis. It puts me in a better mood just thinking about it. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment