Friday, October 5, 2007

SuperBabyGirl

Lara had PT this afternoon, and did just great. The PT seemed pleased with Lara's good development. We go to Easter Seals in Bloomington, and it is very nice. The staff is very friendly, and make it a point to know everyone on a first-name basis. The therapist was waiting out front for us as soon as we walked in! The last 5 minutes or so are spent in showing me how to do a lot of the similiar exercises with Lara, and this is helpful.

Dustin and I are blessed in that a sweet friend has offered to watch Lara once a month so Dustin and I can take a Date Night. We've had Date Nights, but with various babysitters...so it is really nice to have something consistent and planned. Dustin and I went out this evening, though we got back earlier than expected because we are tired! We've had quite a lot going on around here lately; I might need to find a babysitter just so I can sleep all day! I always tell myself to take naps or go to bed earlier, and it just doesn't happen. Most of my tiredness is a result of my dishwasher being recalled! LOL!

Speaking of babysitting, Lara and I spent the day yesterday babysitting the Houchin children, and many thanks to D & A for graciously coming to spend the afternoon with all of us and playing Zingo! When we first got there, Lara was a little overwhelmed with all of the attention, and it only served to remind me why I am not having a bday party for her. Her birthday is in 3 weeks!!

I recently discovered that Lara is also the name of Superman's mother. Cover to Superman #141, November, 1960. Art by Curt Swan. © DC Comics.

No comments:

Summer Start

Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night.  The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...