They are just very sweet and cuddly and gentle.
The rest of the week will get even busier with doctor and therapy appointments. Lara has her 15 month well-baby visit tomorrow. I am already looking forward to the weekend.
In the meantime, the weather outside is frightful, so I have a box of candles ready and the kerosene heater going. This is because whenever the weather gets like this, we lose our power. This time, I am prepared.
Lara continues to make improvements in her motor development. Nothing huge, but little things that Dustin and I can always notice-like bending her legs more, or sitting up a little taller, etc. I have been working pretty hard with her at home, despite my general lazy personality. In terms of cognitive development, I am amazed. I am amazed with all babies, how they pick up so many things in such a short amount of time. For instance, tonight, Lara said "Goodnight, Baby" to her picture on the wall right before bed. Before this, I gave Lara a bottle of milk, and after a bit, she looked down at her sleeper, and said "Uh-oh!", then took her burp cloth and started wiping her clothes. I guess she thought she spilled. I know, I know, but they learn so quickly!! These sorts of things also continue to give me hope that we won't see any CP involvement in her cognitive abilities. Here is Lara playing one of her favorite games. She loves to play in the big blankets when Mommy is making the bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment