Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The MRI

Thanks for your prayers, everyone. Our MRI experience went extremely smoothly. Lara did fine without eating or drinking anything for 11-12 hours. The full anesthesia she had was a gas mask that made her fall asleep within just a few minutes (Dustin stayed with Lara during this time). Once she was fast asleep, they put in a breathing tube (to continue the anesthesia) and an IV. The MRI lasted less than a hour, during which my parents, my sister, my baby brother, Dustin, and I sat in the waiting room and had pleasant conversations. When Lara came out of the MRI, she woke up as soon as they took out the breathing tube, and they came to get me so I could hold her while she had some juice and became more oriented. She was crying once she fully woke up, but not screaming or hysterical. I actually thought she was doing really well, all things considered. Once she got started on her snacks, she was just fine. She hated the IV coming out, but it was the same reaction to getting a shot. I've been there before. I would say that within an hour, she was back to normal. We decided to hit the OG for lunch, and on the way there, Lara was dancing and clapping to the music, and started to talk a little more. By the time we were eating lunch, you wouldn't have known she had any anesthesia just that morning.

Lara is taking a little rest time right now, so I thought I'd post on how she did. We should have results any time between now and 3 days!

Again, thanks for your prayers. It went just fine!! Much better than I expected.
Please lift up Lara's Great Grandpa (Jennifer's Grandpa) who has surgery tomorrow morning!!

No comments:

Summer Start

Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night.  The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...