Saturday, February 9, 2008

BTW

Uh, oh, I realized I gave wrong information in Lara's Diagnosis Update post, and I can't have that! After thinking about it, I realized that CP is not hereditary. Rather, there are genetic disorders which cause the same general outcomes and symptoms of certain types of CP, so it can be difficult to distinguish between whether the diagnosis is CP or a genetic disorder. For that matter, CP is not a diagnosis, but rather a description. Anyway, I think it's still a debate, but while isolated CP is brain damage, a genetic disorder resulting in CPish symptoms is due to a gene mutation which causes problems relaying messages in the spinal cord.

I think, anyway.

But, like I said, this is doubtful for Lara.

Also, just thought I'd put a note out there about Hearts at Home's National Conference. This will be my first time to go, and I'm really looking forward to it. Moms, you should go too! Also, there's a Woman's Conference that I am thinking of going to at my alma mater. I am interested in hearing Nancy Guthrie tell her life story. Plus, it is only 9 minutes from home.

Lara was fussy tonight, and when I noticed she was touching her gums, I discovered she has 4 teeth that have just popped through!

No comments:

Summer Start

Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night.  The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...