Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Workin' Day

Today has been one of the hardest days of the week so far. It all started last night at 10:15pm....

Lara woke up crying, quite unusual for her, so I went in to check on her. I realized she was burning up, head to toe. Lara is such a healthy girl and, as such, I've dealt with VERY few things with her health. This was a first for all of us, and I was worried! I immediately took her temperature with a couple different thermometers in a couple different places, and they all had the same reading: 99.00. Nothing to be worried about. I gave her tylenol, a cold washcloth, a cold drink, and decided she would stay in bed with me until her body cooled down. Which after awhile, resulted in her bouncing and dancing on the bed, so I realized she was obviously okay. But why is she burning up?? I asked over and over. Our AC is on to a comfy temperature...we weren't out in the sun THAT much that day...I tried to think of anything. I then took some Aloe Vera out of my fridge and put some on her skin, which immediately cooled her skin permanently. What does that mean? I have no idea. (No, no sunburns, Lara lucked out with Daddy's skin, and she has only tanned this summer.) After awhile, I put Lara back in her crib, but that didn't really work. I messed up bedtime for her. So I took out her PNP and set it up in my bedroom, and we drifted off to sleep quickly. At 11:30pm.

Then she woke up at 5:45 this morning! What has gotten into her?? She usually wakes up between 7-8am, so this was unseemly. I knew I couldn't ignore her, and I knew it wouldn't work if I put her back in her crib, so I just let her get out and play. After 1.5 hours, Lara said, "Night Night!" "You want to go lay down for night night?" "Yeah!" she said. So I put her in her crib at 7:30 and she slept another hour.

Whew!! We got up and hussled to the library for our story time.

We got home, got some lunch, and Aunt Amber came over to spend some time with Lara so I could spend an hour in the heat mowing the yard. THEN, because Aunt Amber is so very kind, she helped me bathe my smelly cat. After a much needed shower, I rested my weary bones. Guess what I am doing the rest of the day? NOTHING.

No comments:

Summer Start

Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night.  The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...