Saturday, August 16, 2008

Prayer

A wonderful blog made me think about this:

I pray for Lara every night. The lessons of CP have taught me to pray for my child. Would I have prayed for her if she didn't have CP? Honestly, I am sure I would have from time to time, but never with the passion and consistency that I do now.

My prayers may not be what you think. I don't question God. I don't lift any grief up to Him. Our Father expects this behavior, and He accepts it, but I don't do it. I pray that Lara will know victory over her struggles, that she will find comfort in her limitations, that she will find joy in her circumstances, that she will have the God power to do all of these things. I imagine a picture in mind. This is often how I pray because I am not good with words if they aren't written down on prayer. I picture-pray.
My prayer is this:

Let her be like a tree planted by the stream of Your living water, which brings forth fruit in due season. May Lara never wither under pressure, but grow strong and prosper. (Psalm 1:3)

Take a minute to pray this for your child. No matter how young or old he may be, prayer is the greatest gift a mother could give her child.

No comments:

Summer Start

Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night.  The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...