I was never told. I am sure I was never told. Moms would smile and say Oh just a little separation anxiety when Lara cried when I dropped her off in the nursery. Just a little missing her mommy when I couldn't even leave the room for a second.
That's not separation anxiety. Oh, no. That's just silly little babies not liking strangers and wanting lots of attention. I pray the agony of true and complete separation anxiety escapes most mothers. The agony of staying awake from 2:30-4:30am just because your baby wants to be held by you. Baby screams and cries because Daddy is giving her a bath, and she wants Mama. When Mama sits down to rest and breathe, baby cries and holds her arms up. Baby has to be everywhere, do everything, say everything...the same as you.
Just a phase, she'll outgrow it, then one day you'll wish she hadn't.
No comments:
Post a Comment