Tuesday, October 28, 2008

All about us...

I had my "real" OB appointment today, as I didn't get to see the doctor last time. Everything looks good. I am measuring perfectly on schedule, and we got baby's first photo. I really needed to see it. I wasn't expecting an ultrasound, but they weren't busy, so they said I could do one if I wanted. To see the little baby's leg and foot kicking around made me feel so much better about feeling crummy all the time. The definite, official due date is May 22. The office is so relaxed, so much nicer than in Bloomington. I don't have to wait long and the doctor isn't trying to rush out.

We discussed my previous pregnancy. There is a possibility that I will have pre-term labor again this time simply because that's the standard I've set for myself. But since it was under control and I carried full-term, the doctor didn't seem overly concerned about it. She may check for an incompetent cervix issue when I am around 18 weeks (because I dilated so easily and painlessly with Lara), but I explained I was checked for this with Lara and everything was fine, but things can change with each pregnancy, so it's probably best to make sure. It is not something I am at all worried about. The doctor looked at my cervix on the ultrasound today and said it looks just fine so far.

I heard Baby's little heartbeat...170. Baby was squirmy but not as much as Lara was then. I remember watching Lara at 11 weeks doing somersaults in there, over and over. This one was more just wiggling and kicking about.

My morning sickness has really let up the last few days, so maybe it's getting better? Maybe I shouldn't jinx it..

Lara came home from church on Sunday with a project she had done in class. Aw, my little baby is growing up. Of course, later that night, she found it and promptly began ripping it up. I tried reviewing her Sunday School lesson with her, which mainly consisted of "Who made the world, Lara? Now, say, 'JESUS'!" Lara looked at me like, "What is WORLD?"
As soon as I am feeling better, we're going to tackle potty-training for real this time. Whenever Lara needs to make a dirty diaper, she will hightail it to a corner in our living room, and there she will sit, very quietly and still. She doesn't want anyone to look at her or talk to her. When she is done, she will maybe say "Stinky all done!" But usually she lies to me because she doesn't like having her diaper changed. "Well, sweety, learn to use the potty and we won't have to do this anymore!"


1 comment:

amanda jaaaaane said...

I hear you on the potty training. The other day I heard Eihime's panicky voice, "ah, ah, ah," and ran in there to discover that, no, she wasn't hurt in any way. She had reached into her diaper and well...I think you know what happened. She got herself an emergency shower. Congratulations on your other big news! I'm praying it goes well.

Summer Start

Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night.  The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...