I did jinx it...my morning sickness came back full force the last couple days, so I was bedridden over Halloween. I mean, it wasn't terrible, but enough that there was no walking for me. It came back so severly that not even my peppermints would work. So I caved and finally took the medicine my doctor prescribed me. It only helped a little. Okay, so Friday marks Week 12...PRAY that this lets up. Pray that I feel as wonderful as I did when I was pregnant with Lara.
What with the surge of hormones racing to grow this baby, I am very emotional. I cry very easily, happy cries, like watching sappy commercials. So Dustin walks up to me yesterday and starts talking about how it was 2 years ago that we brought Lara home from the hospital, how she cried all the time, and stayed up past midnight, how we bought her a little Halloween sleeper with ghosts all over it that said "Boo." And there was a little matching hat. So I start bawling and Dustin starts laughing at me (but I'm laughing at myself too). He wasn't trying to make me cry, he was honestly just reminiscing himself, but, boy, I am a mess of a person right now.
Those are sweet memories, and I never thought they would be. How blessed I was to walk up and down the hallway at 1am, trying to get 5-day-old Lara to go to bed. How blessed I was to lay her in her carseat right next to the bed so I could easily check on her every 5 minutes to makes sure she was still breathing. How blessed I was to lose 50lbs in just a couple months from breastfeeding!! Those were hard and confusing times as a new parent, but they bring me a lot of happiness as I recall them now. All this sickness will be more than worth it in the end.
Oh, was I supposed to talk about Halloween??
Lara, Miss Fairy Princess, went trick-or-treating with daddy and the neighbors. Dustin was tired when he got back, but Lara was in the spirit! When they walked in, Lara said "trick or treat" then immediately started rummaging through her pumpkin bowl of candy.
My body (or the baby) is telling me to go to sleep, so I will post pictures tomorrow.
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Summer Start
Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night. The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...
-
"I'm calling about my daughter Lara" "Okay, and what did Lara get into today?" Since the girls have been congested a...
-
We'll start off with the heavier issues today, and end on a lighter note. First, I have started watching "Parenthood." I real...
-
"You have 489 days - 16 hours - 20 minutes - and 46 seconds until your child is out of the terrible twos phase." - Terrible Twos C...
1 comment:
Awwwww!! That is so cute! Don't worry, I tear up at sappy commercials and movies ALL the time. Some times more than others. One day I was looking through this magazine and there was a picture of a little boy from Mexico with a goat and he said something like "blah blah blah, so I can be a good farmer when I get bigger" and I almost balled (bawled?) right then and there, lol. Don't feel bad.
Post a Comment