Saturday, October 18, 2008

Announcement

Lara would like all of you to know that when the flowers bloom once more and the leaves come back on the trees, she is going to be a big sister!

Can you believe it? My world revolves around Lara so much that it took a little time for me to imagine life with another little one all over the place. To imagine having more than one child...due May 21.

Most of you already know, and you know that I am not having an easy 1st trimester. I have not been feeling well at all, though in a way, that always gives you a little reassurance that, so far, things are working out. But many days are rough, especially the mornings, which are not easy when a toddler is calling you out of bed. I need to say a big thank you to those who have done one thing or another to ease the burden. A big thanks especially goes out to my family. One morning, I woke up and immediately ran to the bathroom with morning sickness. When it didn't let up, I emailed Dustin, who came home from work a little early to take care of Lara. With Dustin needing to go to bed (he works the 3rd shift) and with me not being able to get OUT of bed, Dustin called my sister. Karee showed up with a suitcase to stay a few days, and arms laden with comfort food that my mom cooked or bought for us! My mom also made me a "Morning Sickness First Aid Kit," complete with instructions. I immediately dived into it, and found instant relief from the nausea. Aunt Ree Ree took care of Lara, ran some errands, did our dishes, and acted as my slave for a couple of days. I asked her if she would just live with me, but she wasn't too keen on the idea. Thank you, Aunt Ree! And thank you, Mom, whose chicken noodles I had been craving every day of my sickness! Before long, I was back on my feet and able to function on some level. Some days are good and some are bad. And this baby wants mommy to eat a lot of fast food!! Seriously, I will lay there and say, "Dustin, you must go get me a sandwich from Arby's and a coke ASAP or I'm going to be sick." And I gobble it up and feel great. In general, though, I don't eat a whole lot of substantial food, so I've lost a few pounds.

I found the thing that really works. Peppermints!! As long as I have one in my mouth, things are okay.

This morning was the first OB appointment. The doctor was sick, so the nurse and I just went through the basic stuff. It's interesting this time around, because I'm experienced. They wanted to do the blood work today, and I said NO. It was morning, and I was keeping an eye on where all the bathrooms and trash cans were, in case I had an emergency. So I said the blood work would have to wait until I am no longer sick. I am just more relaxed this time around. There's no anxiety. They offered to give me something for my sickness, but I said no thanks. Dustin would probably like me to, but I'm trying to take the tough road.

I explained my previous pregnancy experience. The nurse was very interested in knowing more about Lara's CP, as her son was a really late walker, but not diagnosed with anything. She wouldn't believe me that Lara has CP (she was sitting in her stroller the whole time)! This is not totally uncommon, but you can certainly tell when she starts walking.

So another redhead is on the way (oh, come on, who are we kidding?) and we are quite happy about it. Well...Dustin is happy and I am trying to be happy inbetween my bathroom runs.

I've tried explaining it to Lara, but she just doesn't understand. Sometimes she will look at HER belly and say, "Hi, baby!" I will have to correct her that it's in MOMMY's belly.

I know I haven't been blogging much. I haven't been doing anything much lately. Lara is doing just fine. She has a new favorite lullaby. It's the only song I have found within the last week that will calm her down when I try to put her to bed. And it's a good reminder to me.

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

3 comments:

The Noggles said...

Oh Jenn I am SO excited for you and Dustin- sending lots of hugs your way. I know how hard it can be with being sick, tired, and still doing mommy duties while pregnant- so kudos to you!! Happy Birthday to Lara as well :)

Megan said...

YAY! Glad to know it's ok to talk about now! We're so excited for all of you and are looking forward to seeing you soon!

XOXO Megan

Candy said...

Jennifer,
I am so thrilled for you!! Bless your heart, I hope the morning sickness passes quickly. I have you and family in prayers. Are you going to find out the sex?

Summer Start

Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night.  The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...