2 pee-pees in the potty for one accident, that is. I can handle that. 2 stickers on her chart in a day; I'd say we are doing pretty well. The last time she went potty, there was NO fussing involved the entire time, so therein lies our great progression.
Today was a really busy day-man oh man, let's not do this again. So busy, in fact, that I'm betting I was one of the 3 people who did not watch the inauguration today. After a meeting with my spiritual mentor this morning, I came home to a quick lunch and to get the kids all situated for naps. Then the works: groceries at 3 different stores, bank, post office, etc. and so forth. Thankfully, I did it alone while Dustin manned the house while all the kids slept. But by the time I arrived home, they were up and cranky, with a frazzled man throwing blankets in frustration. I tried bringing happiness to the home while the stress began seeping into my pores. I got Lara dressed and braces on after her nap, after which she promptly peed in her clothes; then she screamed in agony that she did so. Macy was interested in jumping off the walls. The girls began making messes out of boredom while Lucas left a cup of slober over every toy that I own. Supper needed to be started. Mommy was upset that Daddy was stressed, and Daddy was upset that Mommy was stressed. After a hug and a mutual agreement that they would stop being stressed for the sake of the other's sanity, Daddy made supper and Mommy played with the kids. Finally, the kids went home, Daddy went to bed, Mommy ate some pudding, Lara got a sticker for peeing in the potty, and we became happy again.
And, now, I am going to snuggle into my covers, thank God for my many blessings, and drift off into a dreamland of venison jerky and foot massages.
No comments:
Post a Comment