Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter

As is tradition, we hosted again this year. We had 13 people here with an Easter egg hunt following lunch. I have been trying to teach Lara what Easter is all about, but I'm not always too sure how much detail to go into. So I just tell her that Jesus got some "owies" and "everyone was really sad because Jesus went to sleep and wouldn't wake up" (she understands this concept thanks to Snow White), but after a few days, "He woke up and everyone was so happy!! Yay, Jesus!" Maybe I'll add in a few more details with each passing year-say, oh, the resurrection concept. I refuse to teach my child about the Easter bunny, because I will NOT make this holiday about ANYthing else other than what it truly is about. Not to mention, I think our culture went creepy when it developed the idea of an Easter bunny. I always imagine this huge 7ft. tall rabbit outfit with a man inside who jumps around people's yards, and I am scared (which I did see, btw, at Wal-Mart, and I ran away). I'm okay with doing Easter eggs though, because to me, that just symbolizes Spring, the rebirth of life. We had a really fun time, and the kids got lots of goodies and we all got full bellies. Lara wasn't too interested in the Easter eggs, but that's okay.

6 weeks to go until Claire is here. Today, at lunch, I had everybody watch, and they could just see Claire moving around. She wasn't kicking, just very calming twisting about, but you could so easily see it from across the table. The general consensus was that it was a little gross to watch. :) (BtW, in case you think I am looking awfully big, I'm measuring right on schedule, baby is average weight, and I am gaining weight just as I should be. Of course, the way I FEEL, totally says otherwise. COMFORT has become a totally foreign concept to me now.)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*I* didn't think seeing Claire move was gross. I believe that was your other sister. =P

And PSH, who is to say what's "normal" or not. A baby will grow as it will.

Janelle Powell said...

I know you don't feel it but you look great!! I do feel pregnancy is beautiful in a woman but going through it at the time doesn't feel that way. Congrats again and I know all will go great for you.

Megan said...

So pretty Jenn! And I love the little pouty face Lara is giving in the last pic...so cute!

XOXO

Summer Start

Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night.  The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...