Nothing really new to report here. I think a virus has rampaged our house, brought to us by the neighbor children. But this weekend, Lara is at Grandma's house, and Dustin and I are doing a lot of missed sleeping...well, I should say, I am resting, since being 35 weeks pregnant means you don't get to sleep much. I actually had the house to myself for the ENTIRE day on Saturday! I didn't know what to do with myself. But Dustin is taking me out today (Sunday)....so a nice weekend.
We have been really busy lately, and we've got a lot to do before Claire comes. We are doing square foot gardening this year, inspired by our neighbors, so we've got to set that up. Dustin is really the one who wanted to give this a try, despite that we are growing mostly tomatoes, and he hates them. :) Also, Dustin will soon be starting his own beekeeping business-raising and selling queen bees. He is currently in the process of building the "nucs" for the bees.
Lara is doing just fine. She had to miss a birthday party on Sunday (shhh...don't tell her). She is understanding more and more about Claire, even though I think she will still be in confusion when we bring the baby home. I am trying to finalize everything, and make all the last minute preparations, but I don't have so much energy. I am glad I got the baby's room mostly done awhile back and didn't wait until now. Tomorrow, I plan to pack the bags and get all my phone numbers out and ready. I am not feeling at all anxious about the labor, but rather the start of it. With Lara, she popped out less than 10 minutes after the doctor broke my water. I keep seeing this vision of me having the baby on my bathroom floor because my water broke and it took Dustin 30 minutes to get home from work. BUT, with Lara, I had a strong feeling that she was on the way before labor really kicked in at all (though I wouldn't believe myself), so hopefully I will have that again...
No comments:
Post a Comment