Tuesday, May 26, 2009

40w4d

Ughhhhhh, I don't feel good, baby, come out!!!

Just a quick update. I had an OB appointment today. I have progressed to 4cm dilated and closer to 90% effaced. I told the doctor that I am uncomfortable, and when she checked me, she said, "Oh, wow! Yes, you have to be uncomfortable, she is so LOW." So there, see, I'm not a wimp! :) Not that anyone thinks so except me probably. Oh, man, but I am cramping and contracting something fierce from all of that.

So I have an U/S tomorrow afternoon just to make sure everything looks good. And, as is just procedure for a late mommy, I had to go to the hospital for a fetal stress test. The baby is doing excellent, I was showing definite contractions, and my blood pressure was just fine. Those tests are also a test in patience and relaxation. Lying there on the bed, listening to your baby's heart go a mile a minute, while having contractions, and I was by myself, wanting good results because I DO NOT want to be induced, I kept telling myself to relax, be calm, rest...keep the blood pressure good, don't excite the baby. I had a million of those when I was pregnant with Lara, but Dustin was always with me to keep me from thinking, "What if they say her heart rate is bad? What if my blood pressure is too high?" So, by myself this time, I relaxed by humming a couple songs and texting my sister and friend.

The quick update was really just supposed to be: I am progressing, and baby is doing good. The End.

No comments:

Summer Start

Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night.  The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...