Friday, November 20, 2009

Fanksgiving.





Lara, tell me the story about Thanksgiving. What happened? Lara looks at me questioningly.

You know, the people got in the boat... yeah! and over the ocean!

Right! Then what? They went to the castle! But there was no castle.

They went to America. There were no houses or stores.

So they went inside and oh! there was cinderella! they thought it was a cookie monster but it was not, it was Cinderella and- Okay! good! moving on

They needed help to find food. Who helped them? Pocahontas!! Yessss...the Native Americans

They had food and felt all better so they decided to have a PPPAARRRTTYYY!

Um, yes, a feast. And there was lots and lots of FOOD! Yeah! They had cakes! And juice! And cupcakes...and pizza...

sure, okay, so we call this Thanksgiving

Yeah...FANKSGIVING!!

**************

I am doing a little project with Lara I've entitled "The 10 Days of Thanksgiving." There's nothing to it. I just drew some turkeys, and every day, we discuss one thing Lara is thankful for, put it on one of the turkeys, and put the turkey up on the wall. I've been impressed with some of the things Lara has told me she is thankful for. I don't expect that she really understands the concept, which is why it throws us when she tells us she is thankful for "forgiveness" and "Jesus." Talk about a toddler putting things in perspective for you.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Lara has been to the tattoo parlor!

Summer Start

Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night.  The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...