Thursday, January 14, 2010

challah


Lara and I made some Challah this morning. If you don't know, Challah is a Jewish egg bread that is usually braided or coiled. When braided, the three pieces stand for peace, truth, and justice.


I wonder if those three elements are the basis of the conversation Dustin and I had this morning after he sent me this link while he was at work. Just so you know, not all of us Christians follow that line of thinking. But it gave me some food for thought. Lara and I said a prayer for the Haitians this morning over breakfast, and Lara has decided to send the money in her "Giving Jar" to Haiti. That's her challah for today.


I think it's easy to bypass peace and go straight for justice, wouldn't you say? It's quite easy to assign blame or look at someone and say "Ya reap what you sow."


Sometimes, just making some bread can put it all in perspective.

1 comment:

Candy said...

Wow... looks wonderful

Summer Start

Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night.  The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...