
Lara at 7 months.

Claire at 7 months. She is at a pro at sitting now, and still hates to be on her belly. Claire is very curious and notices everything...I wouldn't say she is much of a talker, but then again, I am comparing her to Lara, who has always been a big talker. Claire does not like to get dressed or wear socks. She loves her little Tigger toy and the remote control. In terms of eating, Claire likes to feed herself, and with her achieved pincer grasp, she can do it pretty well. We cut up pieces of bread or give her some puffs, and that will keep her busy and happy. She sits in a booster seat, because she seems happier in it than the high chair. I'm not really making baby food for her as I would like to because my lack of energy right now is a big limitation for me. But because Claire is much better at just feeding herself than spood-feeding, I plan to make meals that include foods Claire can eat. Then I just mash them up unseasoned...I tried that the other night with peas, but she hates peas. She also really, really hates bananas. We have a
food feeder, and Claire really likes that. I do still make her rice cereal though, to avoid the processed, flaky stuff. She also gets another meal a day that includes whole milk yogurt.
Claire is a bit of a finicky eater. She usually eats a good amount of what you give her, but it has to be warm and not too chunky.
Claire really loves her sissy Lara and takes great delight in her. When Lara is in a bad mood, though, she doesn't like Claire smiling and laughing at her.


Claire is generally sleeping through the night now. We had to get up once last night, but it wasn't a big deal. Dustin just gave her the paci and we never heard from her again. I didn't want to go to her because I was afraid she would insist on nursing when she saw me.
I couldn't tell you Claire's weight and height because she's not due for a check-up for a month and a half, but she is wearing 12mo clothing, so she is still a big baby!
I feel sort of bad because I realized I took pictures of Lara at Christmas, and none of Claire! That's because Claire just sort of sat there and ate the wrapping paper. I have plenty of videos of it.
Claire likes to watch the television. And she likes music, and likes splashing in the bathtub. I call Claire my cuddlebug, because she so squishy and cuddly, and will just sweetly lay her head on you and fall asleep soundly. Last night, Dustin and I were watching a show in which some women were briefly taking care of this little baby boy, and it was sweet. Dustin said, "Do you think Claire would mind if we woke her up to squeeze her?"

*******
How fun it is to read through my blog archive. As I read from another blogger, this is like the ultimate baby book. I've been blogging for over 2 years now. Sometimes I just go back to around 2 years ago from the current date. I found this entry (Jan 12 2008) so amusing. 6-7 months before I became pregnant with Anastasia Claire, I wrote:
I love Russian names (Lara's name is Russian), so if we have more children, you can count on all of the girls having Russian names: Nadia, Anna, Sophia, and so forth. Dustin loves the name Anastasia. And that is all I am going to say about THAT. Except that my name-addict sister really loves the name too, so maybe that says something. If our next daughter's name is Anastasia you will know it's because I am a very good wife. And, also, probably because I made a deal with Dustin that consisted of me not having to do laundry ever again.
Now, if you will excuse me, I need to go have a talk with Dustin about the overflowing hamper in the bedroom.
2 comments:
I think Claire looks more like Lara now than Lara did at 7 months!
Claire is growing so fast. I love Lara's ballerina pj's.. Darcy has the same pj's and she loves them!
Post a Comment