To fight the supernatural that was overtaking my home tonight, I ordered Dustin to heat up the leftovers for dinner while I took the girls on a 30-minute-no-talking drive. This is what I sweetly explained to Lara, "We all need to mellow out. We are all high-strung and need to relax. We are going on a drive, but we are NOT talking; this is a quiet, no-talking sort of drive." Amazingly, Lara respected this...for 25 minutes of the drive.
Bedtimes have never been sweeter. Except when they were being held at the grandparents' house while I was dining on the Caribbean. But, alas, we must move on.
I know you do not believe me that such sweet little babes can become so difficult.




Who are we kidding? They are 4 and 1. Of course you believe it!
But they are so cute: Lara developed some new imaginary friends. They live in the refrigerator and she calls them the "French Fry Girls." She opens the fridge sometimes and gives them stern warnings to not be so loud. Claire is getting better at communicating, though she still only says a handful of words. Claire will tell me if she has a dirty diaper by saying "Uh Oh" and grabbing her diaper. I really don't think it is an "uh-oh" to make a dirty diaper so I am not sure where that idea came from. :)
"Don't be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
I will hold you UP with my victorious right hand." Isaiah 41:10
No comments:
Post a Comment