Tuesday, February 1, 2011

We did it!



If you pay attention to Facebook, you will see that I had been asking for votes here to receive $250,000 to fund a cure for Sanfilippo syndrome. A friend of Dustin's and mine, who we graduated high school with, has a daughter with this fatal genetic disorder. Livia is there in the rainbow pants... A great deal of progress has been made to find a cure, and it is a REAL probability, if only the money can be raised.
In order to help remind and inspire people to vote, I had developed several pictures of my friend and her family, and specifically of Livia, for Facebook, such as this one:
Other people picked up on the idea, and attempted to develop their own. Also, one friend had the idea to encourage others to make one of the pictures their profile picture, which eventually WAS the profile picture of no less than 100 people. I just LOVED seeing how so many people were coming together to get the votes in!

I am excited to report that sweet little Livia WON! Cure Sanfilippo came in first place to win $250,000! To all of you who voted, thank you!! There is still quite a bit of money to be raised, but eventually it will all come in, to save the lives of so many precious little children.

If you would like to donate more money to this cause, check out this website.
My friend has developed a foundation to help raise money, and you can see all the details of that on the website. Make it count!!

No comments:

Summer Start

Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night.  The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...