Boo and Bee are the girls' new nicknames I am using for our Olive Branch website. The website is taking A LOT of work to get done, but feel free to check it out. I don't feel comfortable going public with too many details and personal information when it comes to the girls, but at the same time, I want the blog (which is more my area) to have a very personal feel to it. When trying to decide what else to call the girls, I went seasonal. Lara is Boo because she was born just before Halloween, and Claire is Bee because she was born during the busy bee season.
Speaking of busy, that's what we have been here! On top of getting things going with the bee business, a constant stream of work is being done on the country house. There's not really anything for me to do; really, my job is just to take care of the girls, someone has to do it. ;) But I have done a little yard work, and cleaned the first floor of the house. Lara has helped me a little and washed some windows. ;) The girls really love playing out in the country. Go here to see some pictures of us spending time in our country house! There is a rock pile on the property, which the girls love. They also like to take sticks and walk up and down the lane, running the sticks through the rocks to make designs. It's the simple pleasures in life! ;) On Monday, we ate our first meal in the kitchen:

All has been going very well. But when I really sit down and think about what we are doing here: moving into the country, growing an enormous garden, starting a business, trying to sell our Atlanta house...I wonder if we are going crazy. :D I liked a quote I read on facebook: This is so true in so many ways.
While feeling overwhelmed with the place of instability we are in, I am also happy to be around family. Our families are such an incredible blessing to us. It has been nice to spend so much time with everyone, and not in the traditional visiting way, when you feel tired from the driving and thinking about hurrying home to get the kids in bed. I went to my parents' last weekend for pizza at a last-minute invitation. While there, we had a tornado warning, and with my dad being a "Father of the Bride" type of dad in certain situations, we were forced to spend a little time in the basement. While the weather did look quite bad, we were in no real danger.
It was the girls' first experience to go to a basement in a storm, partly because our Atlanta home did not have a basement, and also because Atlanta never got the sort of bad weather we get here.Well, last Sunday was Mother's Day. Dustin had the girls make some very sweet cards for me.
It was still a less-than desirable day, because I was in the car for four hours straight with the girls, picking up Dustin from the airport. I was also feeling pretty rundown all day because I was up much of the night before with bad indigestion. As soon as I got home from the airport, I hurried to get ready to meet my parents and siblings for dinner. After a wonderful meal, good company, and a Long Island Iced Tea, I was in much better spirits. My brother and I caught a movie that night, and it was nice to spend some time with him. So the day ended well.
It has seriously taken me a week to actually get this post done. In new news, we have found someone to rent our house. Ideally, we were hoping to sell the house, and for a good price. Unfortunately, that is just not happening, and not wanting to be stuck with two house payments come next month, we hesitantly agreed to let it out. Our tenant is paying a fairly low price for renting our house, and while we are disappointed it is not better, we also feel relief knowing that someone is in the house, and we will have some money coming in to cover that mortgage.
I've never thought deeply about the whole Everything-Happens-for-a-Reason theory, and while I am prone to not justify that type of cheesy idea with my mushy-brain thoughts, the truth is: I've never looked back on an experience, no matter how big or small, significant or inconsequential, and thought, "Now, what in the world was THAT all about?" In hindsight, there has always been a sort of "approval" on my part for how things turned out-an understanding or appreciation for the way the game played out. And in talking about our house situation with my dad, he brought me back to that understanding, encouraging me not to feel so anxious over the situation and to remember that in the end, I'll think, "Yeah, it's all good."
I'm going to close out here, because something is better than nothing. I'll talk more about the girls and post cute pictures later on. I've started planning Claire's birthday party (invites went in the mail today)!! I can't believe she's almost TWO!
Goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment