Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Ear piercing.


Lara got her ears pierced today!

We went shopping at the mall this morning, and Lara told me she wanted to get her ears pierced. Up until this morning, she kept telling me she was going to wait until she was older and braver. So I knew she really meant it when she said she wanted to do it-today. We went to Icing, Lara picked out little pink earrings, and she did great the whole time. All smiles, no tears. She never ceases to surprise me. I feel that I can sum up Lara's fears and worries very easily. I often say she is so sensitive and is scared of everything. I almost cried after she got her ears pierced. I know it is silly, but the reason is because I realized in that moment that she is growing out of her fears. She is growing up.

So I had always thought I would make a big deal out of this day, and have some family members come along. But I guess the way we did is often how it is really done in real life. But, I didn't even have my good camera with me!

No comments:

Summer Start

Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night.  The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...