Wednesday, December 21, 2011

pics

I realized I never posted any Halloween pictures of the girls; SO slacking on my blog. Here are some pictures from this past Halloween:The girls went trick-or-treating at Grandma Bev's house.

Today, the girls are playing with their Uncle Christian. It is great when he comes to visit, because the kids all entertain each other so well, and I end up having a lot of downtime-or time to get things done.

Also, here are some pictures from Lara's birthday party:

I don't normally do pictures anymore on this blog because we have very slow internet, and it takes several minutes to upload one picture. But I have a little extra time this morning.

I feel that I am really starting to come into my own as a mother. So many of the first set of years were characterized by trying to be what I thought others wanted me to be; to make the sort of decisions that I felt others wanted me to make. Part of this is because I was insecure, and part of it was because I really did not know what I was doing as a mother, and felt anyone else probably had a better idea than me. I don't feel that way anymore. And because I don't feel that way anymore, I am more comfortable in my own shoes; comfortable with my decisions and happy to be a stay-at-home mom. I was just recently discussing this with a friend from my MOPS group: I did not really want to be a SAHM until the children came along. I have always been glad to do this, but it has only been until recently that I have really begun to truly enjoy it and make it my own. Or maybe I am just getting to used to it. ;) Either way, I am so blessed to be able to take care of my children in our own home. Yes, like today, it is great watching the kids run in circles around the dining table, occasionally yelling out, "snowman poop!" and "pick your nose!" How could it get any better?

No comments:

Summer Start

Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night.  The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...