Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Cherish

I value the strengths in both of my girls, though they are so different.  I love that Claire is so laid-back and doesn't need to be ahead.  All she wanted for her birthday was balloons; nothing was a big deal.  In contrast, I love that Lara cares so much that she will ask me how certain friends of mine are doing (when I forget).  She is serious and diligent and so is flying through school. Claire praises God (shows his glory) through her quietness and stillness. Lara praises God through her concern and watchfulness.  While Lara frustrates me with her time-consuming, in-depth talks related to emotion, character, and choices, Claire frustrates me with her lack of depth.  Claire forgets problems like cats, and Lara cherishes the bad with the good for years to come.  It is wonderful.  And more so when, as a parent, you learn how to cherish all these things in your children, without judgement or favoritism.

And, with time and maturity,  you can show the same respect to others around you.


Happy 4th Birthday, Claire.  We love you!!

No comments:

Summer Start

Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night.  The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...