The summer is coming to a close now. :( Boo!
[Institutional-schooled] kids are back in school and I think the trees
are starting to change colors...
The girls have not
started homeschool yet. I am just not ready for the summer to be over.
We will start officially next Wednesday. That way we have just a few
days of school before we can break for the weekend. We have started a
countdown, which I think is more helpful to me than to them. Claire
will not officially start school at all, but I did start teaching her
how to read over the summer, and she has been doing really well with it,
and really enjoys it. We will continue that. People always ask us
what grade Lara is in. We don't know, but she is probably somewhere
between 1st and 2nd grade; it depends on the subject.
We
have had a great summer, and I am sad to say good-bye to it. Lara
finished up her swimming lessons and Claire finished up her dance
lessons. We spent a lot of fun times with friends and family. We had
campfires, s'mores, a pool party, and short trips to fun places. We
even managed to get to the drive-in theater last weekend to catch a
kid-friendly movie.
I would post pictures, but we are currently having internet trouble, so those will have to be for a later post.
The
girls are doing really well. Lara was casted for new braces
yesterday. I haven't spoken about Lara's cerebral palsy for quite some
time because I suppose there is not much to report. Her range of motion
continues to improve. She sees a specialist every 6 months but there
is nothing new from those appointments. She continues to improve in her
gross motor skills: stepping over curbs easier, jumping on the
trampoline, and walking faster, etc. However, as she gets older, she
becomes more embarrassed when she falls down. In general, she has a
good attitude about things, although she gets very tired of putting on
her braces.
Claire just recently had an annual check-up.
The doctor suggested taking her in for an eye exam, as her results in
his office were not so great. However, the doctor said their results
can be inaccurate, so that doesn't really say much. But better safe
than sorry, so we will take her in for an eye check-up sometime soon.
In other aspects, Claire is doing well, and she continues to be pretty
big and tall for a 4 year old.
I love spending my days with the girls. I am so blessed to have a couple of really sweet, fun girls.
Pictures to come soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Summer Start
Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night. The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...
-
"I'm calling about my daughter Lara" "Okay, and what did Lara get into today?" Since the girls have been congested a...
-
We'll start off with the heavier issues today, and end on a lighter note. First, I have started watching "Parenthood." I real...
-
"You have 489 days - 16 hours - 20 minutes - and 46 seconds until your child is out of the terrible twos phase." - Terrible Twos C...
No comments:
Post a Comment