I'm cozied up on the couch with my blanket and some hot cider on this very dreary, rainy, chilly day. Dustin and I just got back from the doctor. I had quite a lot of cramping/contractions last night and this morning, so I was surprised to hear that I haven't made much progress since last week. Well, the baby did move down, which I told Dustin I was pretty sure that's what was happening last night. I recognized the particular baby movements from when I was pregnant with Claire. The doctor advised that I do not hesitate or wait to come into the hospital if I think labor is imminent. My cervix is favorable for a fast delivery, so even if my contractions are mild, go right in. We will see. ;)
I mentioned this on Facebook. I had a major pregnancy-brain moment. So funny. As Dustin and I were on our way home from the appointment, we were talking about passing people we know on the road. So I mentioned that especially with one particularly sensitive couple, I need to figure out a way to recognize when it is them, because they have a common vehicle, and I can't usually tell if it's them inside or not and they get their feelings hurt if I don't wave. So Dustin says, "Well, their license plate says _______. You can remember that easily." And I say, "Oh yeah...but does the other plate say that too?"
A really weird look comes over Dustin's face, and he makes a calming gesture with his hand, and he smiles lovingly and says, so nicely, "Well, honey, this is something you can just remember for the future. But both front and back license plates always say the same thing."
I had a small moment of total shock at my stupidity, and then just burst out laughing and laughing. I still am now. I have no idea what I was thinking. I decided that, apparently, I no longer am.
Anyway, so I'm back home, continuing to wait it all out.
The girls are getting cranky from boredom and a lack of schedule. I was going to do stuff with them this morning, but I got a little carried away with some housework and packing my hospital bag. I'm going to try to figure out something tomorrow.
The day and time and gender of this little one has already been written in the stars, not by me I hope. We just wait. Sometimes grimace. Sometimes breathe deeply while holding onto the wall. But mostly just wait. Soak in the miracle-blessing while also wanting to cry at how pitiful I am. Rest and wait. It's a lesson that can be applied to all circumstances in life. Grimace, rest, wait.
Wednesday, October 28, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Summer Start
Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night. The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...
-
"I'm calling about my daughter Lara" "Okay, and what did Lara get into today?" Since the girls have been congested a...
-
We'll start off with the heavier issues today, and end on a lighter note. First, I have started watching "Parenthood." I real...
-
"You have 489 days - 16 hours - 20 minutes - and 46 seconds until your child is out of the terrible twos phase." - Terrible Twos C...

No comments:
Post a Comment