Wednesday, September 19, 2007

We're Back

Okay, so here we are again. 3rdhds!! Many of you seemed disheartened with the lack of pictures and updates of little Lara. I know, she is quite the cutey-pants.

Lara will be 1 next month! I cannot believe it. The first few months went by pretty slow (thank you, oh, colicky baby), the middle few months picked up a little bit, and these last few months zoomed by! Now, my precious baby is about to turn 1, in about 5 weeks.

So what is new with the little one? Therapy has not quite started yet. She is almost crawling on hands and knees. In the meantime, she army crawls, and manages to go all over the house. She will sometimes follow me around. And she also sometimes tries to eat the cat food. It is Lara's job to give the kitties snacks every afternoon. She doesn't actually touch them, but I set them down next to her and the kitties come and eat them, and she will try to pet them during this time. Now, the other day, Lara moved too quickly for me (and the kitties), and I didn't realize she had picked up a cat snack and ATE it, until a little bit later when I realized she was chewing on something-after doing the "sweep," I uncovered piece of the cat snack! Whoops. That would not be acceptable to the Super Baby Food lady.

Yes, Super Baby Food-I am making my own baby food for Lara now, and after a little bit of a rough start, she eats it all! Brussel sprouts, broccoli, pears, peaches, carrots, green beans, squash, avacado, lentil porridge, and much more. I have to do serious baby food cooking about once a month, and it can be stressful, as it involves washing my blender 456 times during the day. But it gives you a great feeling of accomplishment to do this. And Dustin is great about helping me-he often does the fruit.

We have decided not to have a birthday party for Lara. While she is good with people, it stresses her out (like it does me) if there are MANY people around and they are ALL trying to give Lara a lot of attention. So we are going to keep it to just "The Three of Us." It needs to be a day that Lara will enjoy, after all; I don't want to make her sad. But we will probably try to keep the weekend open if people want to drop by...except that Sunday! That is when we will be celebrating the upcoming arrival of Lara's newest cousin!!

Look at me babbling. Well, anyway, to those of you who have missed Lara, I am sure you will enjoy this!





In other news, Little Christian is gaining lots of weight (he is not so little for a 6-day-old baby, IMO, he is strapping!) and is doing a lot better! Yay! Thank you for your prayers. As soon as he can breath and nipple feed at the same time, he can come home.

I got in trouble by the police today! He came to my house, and informed me that Dustin's car, which has been sitting out front for 4 months undriven, MUST be moved. For one, it's considered inoperable due to expired plates. And, 2, he made it sound like some town-folk were complaining because of the grass growing up around it. Another whoops for the week. All of these things combined, mean that the car has to be hidden from the public eye. I felt bad, but the car can't be moved. It is stuck in park gear. We will be getting it fixed next week, but the policeman said, "I really need you to take care of this NOW." So I called Dustin, who said, "Honey, you aren't listening to me. The car literally canNOT be moved. It is stuck there until next week." And I said, "Honey, you aren't listening to me. The police does NOT care." So Dustin figured we would make the car seem operable by putting a new sticker on the plate. And the police said that works for them. I guess the people of small Atlanta are going to have to deal with the tall grass until next Wednesday.

Anyone can post a comment, without signing in I believe.

What else about Lara? She is working on standing by herself. I mean, without holding on to anything, of course. She really wants to, so she will just all of a sudden let go of something, and she might be able to stand for a few seconds unaided, but down she goes! She is learning to fall down really well though, straight onto her bottom, so now she doesn't scream hysterically every time she falls.

4 comments:

Candy said...

Glad you have a blog again

Dustin said...

I love that video, it is soo funny!

Ree said...

Lara is the funniest niece I have!!!!!

Ree said...

I've probably watched that video 45 times. You gotta upload more! I was so excited when you did another blog and I saw more videos, but it was just that boy with the freakishly insane laugh. And I frowned. Like this: :(

Summer Start

Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night.  The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...