Saturday, October 20, 2007

Various

Normally, I would type this sort of thing in my other [ministry] blog, but this is for everyone.

I am reading a fantastic book. I am not even done with chapter 2, and I feel strongly that everyone needs to read this book. So please pick it up and read it. It is a Christian book, and, in general, I don't like books on spirituality. They are just way overdone, IMHO, both in the sense that there are too many all saying the same thing, and that you could easily take most books on spiritually and condense it to just a page or two. But this is really quite a different approach to it. However, different books speak to different people, so you might find you don't care for it. But I think if applied, it could be a revolution.

Also, if you feel the need for some cheesy inspiration, take a look at this video.
We went to Lara's great-grandfather's 80th birthday (Dustin's grandfather, but this is Lara's blog), and she did great the entire time. She took her naps in the car, and the day went smoothly. Lara is getting to this place now where she really only wants to eat whatever I am eating, and will get upset if I don't share. This originated with those sugar cookies we made, and has since progressed onto other things. Lara eats table foods wonderfully, but I struggle with making foods for her because I salt and spice up everything we eat to an unhealthy degree, and don't want Lara to be eating all that salt. So I try to set certain foods aside before I salt...


Aunt Molly.

1 comment:

Candy said...

Lara is getting so big! They sure do grow up fast!

Summer Start

Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night.  The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...