Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Resolution

Lara's New Year Resolutions are to 1) not have anymore pop or sweets in the house and 2) to make her bed every morning. Okay, so that first one is really Mommy and Daddy's resolution, and #2 will be easy since she doesn't have a bed to make.



Actually, Lara's resolution is to probably get more necklaces. And not have any colds!


(btw, this picture is of Lara showing her belly button. We are working on other body parts, but right now she only cares about her belly button, because she can actually see it.)

Everything around here has really been relaxing lately. We are recuperating from the holidays, and as Lara continues to become more mobile in a lot of ways (and as she has a new surplus of toys to play with) she has been really happy and self-sufficient. I've never considered Lara as needy or needing a lot of attention. But when she was younger, I think there was a lot of frustration there because she wanted to move around a lot more than she was physically able. I tried not to be too all-consumed with my child, because those types of mothers irritate me a little. But I found myself playing with her a lot and helping her around. Looking back on it, I realize that was pretty exhausting. And also a little boring, to be honest. I'm not much of a baby-person, anyway. But now, Lara is really good at doing whatever she wants to do (like eat chocolate from cookie tins) and get wherever she wants to (like push a chair to walk around the kitchen). I now find that I can do some fun things for myself while Lara is up and playing, which feels really weird-like reading or blogging. I can do these things uninterrupted while Lara happily plays with her toys and crawls around the house.

But I have a lot more fun playing with Lara now because she is really growing up and learning new things everyday. Today, for instance, she started brushing her teeth by herself, put on Mommy's necklaces, and tried to put some barrettes in her hair. It's fun when she does more big girl things, like color at her little table, talk on the phone, or ask for juice.
Motherhood does get easier!

No comments:

Summer Start

Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night.  The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...