Sunday, December 30, 2007

Chocolate

This morning, we had church. I first got Lara ready in some super cute clothes she got for Christmas. When she was set, I put her down to let her crawl around and play while I got ready. My house is baby-proof, so there is no need for me to supervise her every second. After a bit, I realized that Lara was playing very happily in the same room I put her in, which is unusual because she usually likes to follow me around. I went in to check on her...and stood for several seconds with a dropped jaw.

Lara had found a Christmas tin with chocolates on our coffee table. She had opened it, and was happily munching on chuncks of fudge and pieces of cookies. The carpet was covered in chocolate, surrounding an oh-so-innocent-looking toddler, who was likewise covered in chocolate stains and smudges. And in her hands she held 20 pieces of fudge.

No, I didn't get a picture, but just imagine a scene out of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

All things considered, we are thankful we didn't deal with stomach aches or hyperactiveness.

No comments:

Summer Start

Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night.  The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...