Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Reminder

That Lara's MRI is tomorrow at 9:30am at the Children's Hospital (OSF) in Peoria. It is only to everyone's benefit that we do this, but it still makes me upset that she has to go through this. My hope is that it will go smoothly, and when Lara wakes up, we can get some food in her tummy, watch Baby Einstein the rest of the day, and we'll be fine. I also hope we can have a confirmed diagnosis so that we definitely know what is going on, and can just move past all this stuff. Now, I know that Lara will be fine. People and babies are sedated all the time for various procedures and surgeries. People have MRI's done all the time. I should just be grateful that our little girl is very happy and healthy and does not have any type of life-threatening problem, that the problem she DOES have is really mild. Nontheless, I know Lara is going to be very upset because, first, she doesn't get to eat or drink ANYthing 8 hours before the MRI. This more than anything really upsets me, since Lara is a big eater and she has had a cough lately. However, she has had a small appetite the last few days, which I guess turns out to be a good thing. And she didn't wake up last night with any coughs, so maybe it's getting better. I kid you not, I do plan to give Lara a 4th meal before a later bedtime tonight. I also plan to wake her up at 1am to give her some fluids. Maybe I am making a bigger deal out of this than I should. But she DOES need fluids to continue fighting the cold. Another reason she will be upset is because some stranger is going to take her away from Mommy and Daddy, take her into another room, and either give her a shot or make her drink something...it's for her own good, but to her, that's got to be scary, and border on abusive. So please send a lot of prayers our way for Miss Lara! And obviously to mommy, who needs to calm down. The more calm I am, the more calm Lara will be. Lara's Nana and Papa will be coming with us to give support and ask questions we can't think of, so that will be good for us!

Church always really wears out the little ones, doesn't it??

No comments:

Summer Start

Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night.  The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...