Dustin, Lara, and I will be walking in the March of Dimes March for Babies April 26th in Bloomington. We are Team Lara!
The March for Babies cause has become very personal to me as a result of having a child with CP. I am more aware of the issues, more aware of [us] parents on the other side of the fence that cuts through Normal Town. March for Babies tends to focus more on the premature birth of babies. However, ultimately, March for Babies is for the health and wellness of ALL babies (which is the reason they changed their name). "The money we raise for March for Babies will support lifesaving research, services, education and advocacy that help babies get a healthy start." Nothing could have prevented Lara getting CP, but we are so blessed for the wonderful medical and therapy attention she has been getting. How much better could it all be for ALL babies to get the appropriate attention THEY need?
So we are walking. We are walking to raise money for this cause, and also to celebrate Lara's wonderful progress over the last few months.
Please join Team Lara! You can donate money to the cause and/or also sign up to be on our team and walk with us on April 26 (we'd love the company). You can do any and all of this simply by going to our Team Lara website, and clicking a few buttons. We appreciate it so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Summer Start
Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night. The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...
-
"I'm calling about my daughter Lara" "Okay, and what did Lara get into today?" Since the girls have been congested a...
-
We'll start off with the heavier issues today, and end on a lighter note. First, I have started watching "Parenthood." I real...
-
"You have 489 days - 16 hours - 20 minutes - and 46 seconds until your child is out of the terrible twos phase." - Terrible Twos C...
No comments:
Post a Comment