In searching the newborn gallery on the hospital's website for her picture, I found myself interested in the names the newest babies have received. It is just fun to see what parents are coming up with these days. "Miley" is getting popular, shocker there. Then there was a "Jennifer Jill," which amused me because my sister is Jill. My sister and I get along about as well as how those two names go together. My all time favorite is "Pryncess Paris." Now THAT is a stinkin' cool name.
I am still searching for that best boy name ever. Not because I am expecting to have a son and need a name ready, but it's sort of like a trivia game for me. All the central IL people could give me was "Joe" "Nathaniel" "Isaiah" "Noah" and so forth. Not saying those are bad names, at all, but wh
I've been slacking in my cooking skills (or lack thereof) the last 2 days. So we went out to eat tonight, and all the other families in the world heard that we were going to the restaurant with our baby, so they came over with their babies too. Lara spent part of her meal grinning at 17mo old Will. (Previously we met another 15mo old baby.) Will had a little brother who cried during most of the meal and finally the mom got up and left. I felt bad for her, remembering my "welcome to motherhood" days of cry, cry, eat, cry, eat, cry cry, sleep for 3 minutes, eat, cry. I'm glad that's over. And now my baby is very happy. And very silly. Very, very silly.
So then we came home. Dustin brought Lara inside then ran back out to the car very quickly for something. From the back of the house, I heard Lara screaming a most horrific cry-scream. I'm imagining terrible things happening to her, like maybe something fell on top of her or she is stuck somewhere. She sounds like she is suffering awfully and I'm playing a scene in my head of driving in a ambulance at 100mph while one of her legs is dangling off.
No, the problem was simply...that daddy left the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment