Lara really worked out in physical therapy today! After climbing stairs, Lara walked on the treadmill, and we were very impressed. It was hard, and she was "all done" after about 3 minutes, but she picked up her feet really well and kept at it. It's a treadmill that has a harness strapped onto it, so it keeps her upright while she moves her feet.
We also looked at some AFOs for her left foot. We are going to do a trial run with one at her next PT session to see if it will help the way we want it to. If so, they will custom make one for Lara. We have to decide if we want it to just be for her foot and ankle, or if we want it to come up to just below her knee. The former does not constrict too much with crawling, Lara's main mode of transportation right now. But it may also not give Lara appropriate support either. It's a tough call. What is NOT a tough call, is that it will be PINK. :-)
(BTW, I also wanted to mention that it seemed our March for Babies website was experiencing difficulties in allowing donations [just that it wouldn't let you]. But it looks like all the kinks got worked out. Will you help us reach our goal?)
Friday, February 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Summer Start
Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night. The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...
-
"I'm calling about my daughter Lara" "Okay, and what did Lara get into today?" Since the girls have been congested a...
-
We'll start off with the heavier issues today, and end on a lighter note. First, I have started watching "Parenthood." I real...
-
"You have 489 days - 16 hours - 20 minutes - and 46 seconds until your child is out of the terrible twos phase." - Terrible Twos C...
No comments:
Post a Comment