Clean up, clean up!
Everybody, do your share!"
Cleaning up is taking up a huge chunk of my day. This morning, I woke up and found [what I thought was] cat vomit on the bed and a little on the carpet. Xenia has a sensitive stomach but we've never had it on the bed before, but in its entirety, nothing out of the unusual. I get Lara out of bed, and find more rubbed into the living room carpet. I walk into the kitchen, and realize it's actually cat poop. The litter box was fine, it looked like one of that cats jumped out before she was done. Well, obviously, this takes priority. I set Lara down for some juice and see that she had peed through her diaper, and it was on my nightgown. This never happens. Deep breath. I mop the kitchen floor. Lara is upset about the wet floor under her feet so I go change her diaper. PJs go in the hamper. Crib sheet gets changed. Mommy gets changed. Nightgown in the hamper. Bed sheets get thrown in the wash. Carpets get scrubbed. Deep breath. Oh, what? Now it's time for breakfast?
Make breakfast. Clean up breakfast. Clean up Lara.
Oh, here comes Daddy home from work. He will be tired. Run and get some clean sheets on the bed.
Dishes still in the sink. Clothes still in the dryer. You know what, says I, let's go to the park and run away from it all!
Well, one thing is for sure. The house isn't always clean, and mommy hasn't always had time to change out of her pajamas, but our door is always open!
Here is a nice, clean baby. She went swimming AND played in her sandbox AND had a dirty diaper, so she is happy to be all clean! (P.S. I can do nakey pics now since my blog is private!)
.jpg)
Here's a reminder to all of the mothers out there, who have too many days of clean up duty:

No comments:
Post a Comment