Look what I came across, wowzers. This feels like ages upon ages ago. As you all know, when Lara was born, she was fussy! I would spend what felt like an eternity just rocking this little thing to sleep. Not such a great introduction to motherhood. But I could have handled it had I not had such a surplus of advice from everyone that contradicted. Some mothers told me to try this, others said never to do that. Some mothers told me to use BabyWise, others mothers told me that was terrible stuff. What to do?? There was never a clear cut answer-but how could there be? You're not solving a math problem, after all, you're nurturing a baby!
Months later, I finally started feeling confident in my own abilities, because they were MINE (and also because I was starting to be able to think again when Lara started sleeping through the night). I wasn't trying to do what all the other really good moms were doing, but just what felt right to me. I just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing. It took me a little longer to realize that Mom Knows Best.
I get a lot of compliments; maybe it's because Lara has CP and that takes a little more out of you and people understand that. I appreciate the compliments. Every mom needs them. We're getting along a lot better than I thought-ha! And it all does get a little easier. It was easier when Lara slept throught the night, when I stopped nursing after 12 months, when she started feeding herself, when she started communicating.
But it's a blur now. All I have is this *sniff* silly slide show to remind me of those sweet old days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Summer Start
Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night. The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...
-
"I'm calling about my daughter Lara" "Okay, and what did Lara get into today?" Since the girls have been congested a...
-
We'll start off with the heavier issues today, and end on a lighter note. First, I have started watching "Parenthood." I real...
-
"You have 489 days - 16 hours - 20 minutes - and 46 seconds until your child is out of the terrible twos phase." - Terrible Twos C...



No comments:
Post a Comment