I love my daughter. I do not love all the messes she makes from all the cabinets, drawers, and dressers she gets into. But I love her smile whe she knows she's been caught. I do not love her tantrums. But I do love her butterfly kisses. I do not love carrying her around all the time. But I love that she always wants me to carry her. I do not love that she throws her food on the floor. But I love that she loves to talk during dinner time. I do not love when she disobeys me. But I love it when she looks at me so intently when I talk to her. I do not love when she gets frustrated because she
doesn't know her words. But I love that she is trying so hard to say everything. I do not love that Lara has spastic diplegia. But I love the lessons of patience we have learned. I do not love that Lara is scared easily (especially when we see a train go by). But I love that she is quiet and gentle.
Sometimes, we all need a little reminder. When we are too tired to chase after bubbles anymore or tired of spending an eternity in the kitchen or when we simply cannot read another book again...we need to remind ourselves of the little ways in which we love our babies, whether they are 1 or 45.
Moms, take a minute to pray for your babies. Pray that your medicine dropper of unconditional love will never run out. Pray to find humor in the most surprising places. Pray that patience is a virtue you will always wear.
lOvE.
No comments:
Post a Comment