
I love that Lara is talking more and more everyday. Yesterday, we pulled into the driveway after a DQ run, and Lara said, "We're home!" (Seriously, the girl is already doing contractions!) Of course, another person probably cannot understand most of what she says, but if I pay attention, I can get it figured out: when she tells me that daddy said we can't go outside yet or when she wants to brush her teeth or when she wants milk, not juice. Just like all toddlers, she has her own special way of chaining her words together to make a very colorful sentence.
We still attempt the potty sometimes, but it is obvious that she is not ready for it yet. It makes her uncomfortable to even sit on the potty. Plus, she is still not often showing a need to have her diaper changed-doesn't seem to really care when she has a dirty diaper. Oh, well, there is still a lot of time anyway!
Dustin heads off to S. Dakota this Friday as a leader of the youth missions trip. I hope he has a great time and I hope I can manage Lara and the house by myself for an entire week! Please be praying for this trip and the entire group as they minister to the Lakota people. I am jealous that I cannot go, but maybe next year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment