This morning was another play date. Lara and Macy giggled and squealed, built towers out of legos, and sat together at a little play piano-Lara played and Macy sang. Why I don't bring my camera for moments like this, I don't know. Over a warm plate of homemade brownies my friend made for my birthday, our mom-discussion this morning centered around labor and delivery. Most moms like to share their stories, their grueling work through hours of painful labor, the sweating, the tearing, the recovery process. I realize in our conversation that I had it too easy with Lara and I am surely destined for great hardship with my other children. So now I am just about as scared of L & D now as I was the first time around. Many respond by saying, "that's what drugs are for." But you all know me. I can barely take the recommended dosage of Tylenol.
Tonight, I am going to meet our Women's Ministry leader. I have been trying to rack my brain to think of ideas I can present her with-what do moms need? What do moms want? What can we do about it? It really is a passion of mine but I don't know where to start. I have been thinking more seriously about starting a Mom's group here. There may already be several going on that I am not aware of, but that doesn't matter. The truth is, everyone needs to do something.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Summer Start
Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night. The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...
-
"I'm calling about my daughter Lara" "Okay, and what did Lara get into today?" Since the girls have been congested a...
-
We'll start off with the heavier issues today, and end on a lighter note. First, I have started watching "Parenthood." I real...
-
"You have 489 days - 16 hours - 20 minutes - and 46 seconds until your child is out of the terrible twos phase." - Terrible Twos C...
No comments:
Post a Comment