Once a month, our neighbors go out on a date night and Dustin and I watch their children. In return, once a month, Dustin and I go out on date night, and they take Lara. We've chosen a certain day of the month to do this so it's made top priority.
But tonight, it was our turn to watch the children. We made "disco balls", an idea my mom gave me. We have a sweet gum tree in our yard, so we hunted for the dried sweet gum balls. When we found enough, we dipped them in paint and rolled them in glitter. You're supposed to tie ribbon on and they can make fun Christmas ornaments. I didn't find a way to do the ribbon, so we just stopped there and admired their prettiness. The main point is, they had a lot of fun!
Afterward, I read the girls a story called "From Head to Toe" by Eric Carle. The girls like to do the motions of the animals and it helps get some of their jitters out. BTW, I am just sitting like that in the chair so I am not in their way to do all the moves (and part of it is because the teaching blood runs too strong in my veins).
It was a good evening, mostly because Dustin and I worked together to take care of the children. I told Dustin I only thought it was fair for him to contribute since this was something we were doing for BOTH of us. BUT, my great husband would have helped without my asking anyway!!
You've got a friend in me!
No comments:
Post a Comment