Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Strangers

When I was little, parents used to teach their children not to talk to strangers. Is this a lost art? Awhile ago, I was at the park, and a little, little girl approached me. She started telling me all about her family and asked me to play with her. I was so uncomfortable with her doing this that I just abruptly walked away from her. She began chasing me down the sidewalk, yelling, "Will you push me on the swings? Will you push me?"

Not too long ago, Dustin took Lara to the park. A young boy approached him and started telling Dustin his address and phone number.

I don't get it.

3 comments:

Megan said...

My mom says that I used to run up to complete strangers (inluding men) and hug their legs, like when I was 3ish. So, even though she tried teaching me stranger danger, it didn't take right away obviously!

Some kids are just ... precocious!
:)

Jennifer said...

LOL, Megan...let's see, though, why does that not entirely surprise me? :) Some people are just too friendly for their own good!

Candy said...

That is very strange.. I have noticed when I take Darcy to the park people always come up and talk, but parents are always with the kids. If that happened to me, I would feel the same way. I will always teach Darcy to never talk to srangers, and it is ok to not be polite if you don't know them.. right???

Summer Start

Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night.  The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...