Check it out, some food for thought. Blah.
Lara got her 2yr pics taken yesterday. You all will roll your eyes at me, but I went to that place again where I always get very disappointed. Looking at my budget, I decided I needed to take the cheap route once again, and get the thousand pics for $10.00 deal. They were BUSY BUSY,which is not conducive to getting a toddler to settle down for pictures (it didn't help that Lara kept leaving the room, saying, "Play! Play with blocks?" because a lego table is right outside the room). They were rushing through Lara's shots like crazy, never brought out any props, and after shooting 40 shots, they told me we were done. I sat down to review the pictures, and I was honestly embarrassed for our photographer. They had actually taken a few shots of Lara's butt and back as she was scrambling away from the camera. After eliminating the bad shots, I had about 5 decent ones to choose from. This is worse than usual. Anyway, I didn't care for any regular poses they took of her, so I decided upon the Christmas scene picture. It is cute, though I generally don't keep up seasonal pictures all year round.
Now, on the way there, I was not feeling the love. Traffic was heavy in Bloomington, and I actually got run off the road by an older couple who were about to miss their turn. So they pushed me off despite my honking. See, here's the thing, people. Whatever you might think, if you have to run someone off the road to make a turn, this means you actually MISSED the turn, take the next one (I promise, the world will not stop rotating on its axis as a result, so it's okay). Then the cars in front of me had some breaking issues of sort, and I began entertaining how my conversations were going to go with other drivers once I ended up rear-ending a car because MY brakes don't stop my car in 2 seconds flat. I'm no longer used to the rush of city life. That, and I'm just never in a rush myself.
I am also feeling cranky because I am just really craving some pumpkin pie with cool whip right now.
However, today has been a good day, despite that I keep eating and eating, but it's not helping because I need pumpkin pie. Macy, Lara, and I have been working on making Indian costumes for Thanksgiving. I look forward to showing you the final product.
Dustin and I helped Lara paint her "knowledge box" for church the other day. Knowledge is the Bible virtue this month, and we are supposed to put knowledge treasures in this box. I have no idea what this means, but I figured we'd put in some numbers, because Lara just learned to count all the way to 10, although she still leaves out 4. I love our Kidstuf program at church, but our virtue statements are REALLY silly-this month, it goes something like, "Knowledge. Learning more about something so you will be able to do better at what it is you do." They usually make me laugh. So I'm like, "Okay, Lara, now you count, and this will make you be able to do better at...being a toddler!" Lara loves to paint, she asks me every day if we can paint.
I SO need to go buy a pumpkin pie.
2 comments:
Speaking of pie... When are you going to find out what the baby is? (If you are?) What are your guesses?
Bless your heart! I would bring you a pie if I was closer! Lara is getting so big and I just love all the new pics!
Post a Comment