Baby #2 continues to do well. I was on bedrest at this point with Lara, so I am pleased that I have made it this far. I will have another U/S in 3 weeks, and then we will know FOR SURE what the gender is. Everyone is saying it is a boy...well, we will soon see! Interestingly enough, I am measuring about 1.5 weeks ahead of schedule, according to the tape-measure-over-the-abdomen thing. I have never paid attention to that, but I was quite surprised this time because everyone tells me I am too small, and I was beginning to wonder if I should be concerned. Although my OB always tells me everything is "perfect."
Lara had her developmental evaluation yesterday, and I think she did fine, but I won't hear the results for a week or so. We rushed to the OB appointment after the evaluation. We ran some errands after that, and it proved to be a verrrry interesting morning. We ate lunch at McDonald's, and we were very popular. A lot of people were very friendly to me and were asking a lot of questions about Lara, from "Where did you get those cute tights?" to asking about her disorder. This was okay until my food got cold and Lara was getting really bored. On the one hand, I realize these are opportunities for outreach and relationship-building, but on the other hand, I was tired and really just needed to feed my toddler and get home. I still haven't figured out the fine art of carrying on adult conversations while I also need to watch Lara.
This morning has been rough with Lara. She woke up fussy and has decided she doesn't want to use the potty today. It is abnormal now for Lara to have even one accident a day, even just a small one. Today, she had 2 gigantic ones within 20 minutes. Not to mention, she still will not poop in the potty, so I had to change her a couple times today from that. So she is just not herself today.
We bought a bicycle and hooked on a toddler seat so Lara can go riding with us. We bought it when it was almost 60 degrees outside a couple weeks ago. We were so excited about the nice weather. I've been able to take Lara out once. Now it is too cold!! In the meantime, Lara and Daddy play Guitar Hero on the Wii to get through the evenings.
No comments:
Post a Comment