We are doing well. Finally getting over all the sicknesses that are going around, and working on getting things done before the super little one gets here. I can definitely tell that we are nearing the finish line. I don't expect to go into labor soon, but I rather feel that my body is going to start breaking from all the wear and tear of pregnancy. :) The end must be soon.
Lara and I were busy this morning. I don't watch Macy and Lucas anymore, and this really helps me feel more inclined to play and work with Lara throughout the days, instead of feeling like I want to take what time I can to rest. Lara painted a bird house for her spring project, followed by "school." Lara did a worksheet where she had to find all the letter L's, and color them, which she did in about 10 seconds. We are working on her writing her name. Again, this is all because Lara loves letters and words.

I am also enjoying the independence that I have been placing on Lara. She is able to open the fridge and get out her drinks whenever she wants one, so the feeling of being a toddler's slave is wearing off, and this is nice. In fact, I try to make her do little chores around the house, like throw things away, clean up her lunch, or give the kitties their snacks. It's a little tricky because she still has to hold on to something to walk around to do her chores, so we just try to guide Lara into figuring out how to be creative to get the job done.
Dustin and I have decided to put an end to our potty-training woes. We mutually agree that part of Lara's problem for not pooping in the potty is because we have spoiled her. She tends to get constipated, and we always make a big deal out of it, soothing her and giving her medicine, and putting her back in a diaper. So we are starting to realize that she becomes a drama queen whenever she needs to poop, because that's the tone we've set, and perhaps also because it's a sure-fire way to get a little attention. So I've made some changes in my reaction to her. Also, I've been a little more attentive to when she needs to go. This resulted in her pooping in the potty twice today! (Oh, and I discovered the healing powers of whole grains in curing constipation, thanks to a friend. Works better than Miralax!) Now, I don't expect to see any real results for quite some time, but I am pleased with today.
Tomorrow, I must take Lara to the library. She has been begging to go. Except that she wants to go to the one in "Bloomton", but she will have to settle for Lincoln.
By the way, Lara made a new friend the other night. I noticed she was helping an imaginary friend to get up onto the bed with her. After asking, Lara told me her friend's name is Nee-Nee.
Dustin and I did our own spring projects earlier this week. When we first moved into this house, I got rid of the gardens and flowers, because it was just too, too much. But I got Spring fever this week, and desperately needed some flowers in my yard. I know nothing about planting, soil, landscape, and don't really care enough for anyone to teach me. I just picked out the prettiest flowers I found, and stuck them in my yard. Now, I am a happier person. Plus, check out our gorgeous crab apple tree. It is lovely, though unfortunately overshadowed by the worst trees-sweet gum. 

Dustin got up his first square foot garden. Strawberries along the edges, with broccoli and a variety of tomatoes in the middle. I hope they hurry, I want to eat some yummy home-grown veggies. I am sooo tired of eating stuff from the stores in Lincoln. What does it take to get ONE potato that's not green under the skin?

By the way, nothing to report from the OB. This pregnancy has been quite uneventful, and I am measuring right on schedule. I am not doing any checks for dilation/effacement this time...I was dilated to a 3 by this time (37 weeks) with Lara, but still went to my due date, so I can say for certainty in my case, that none of that means anything. I'm not going to subject myself to the unnecessary apprehension/excitement that that might cause. And my OB is soooo laid-back, she is making this easy for me. We are blessed to be around such helpful friends, as well. I was planning to ask nearby friends to be available to take Lara when I go into labor. Both my Plan A and Plan B friends actually came to me first and asked me to bring Lara to them! Lara will go to our friends' house in Lincoln, which is just about 5min from the hospital. Lara's bag is packed, but I can't say the same for mommy!

Lara shopped and bought these shoes by herself. Seriously, I love having girls.
1 comment:
Jenn, what great photos of Lara! I still say you should be a photographer!!
Post a Comment