Hi, everyone. I can't believe it has taken me so long to write a post. I actually had a really great one, with cute pictures, all set up awhile ago, but it wasn't saved and I lost it. Boo..I didn't have the heart to redo it.
Things here have been a little rough lately. I mean, not in a bad way. We've just been really busy, and Claire isn't sleeping at night anymore. I function well with little sleep, but it still makes me cranky. Today was the first day in probably a month that I was in good spirits because Claire slept 7.5 hours straight last night!! After her nursing session, she went back to sleep all on her own, and slept until 7am!! I'm so hoping we get a repeat of that tonight, but I am not counting on it. Claire is doing so great though. She's a really sweet, happy baby. But she is so big!
Lara is doing great as well. She's been kind of moody lately, and that could be from sensing my overall tiredness. I also need to spend some more time with Lara one-on-one. She can be very good at playing by herself, and sometimes even prefers it, so it's easy for me to not be intentional about sitting down with her to play. I had a meeting with a lot of people at the public school here in Atlanta regarding receiving physical therapy services there. Unfortunately, Lara will have to be enrolled in their early childhood class, which is 2.5 hours (during her nap time), 5 days a week. This is too much, especially considering I am homeschooling Lara, and as I'm just looking to get one hour of therapy out of the school. Not worth it. So we will continue at Easter Seals. Also, the group of people I worked with were treading new waters. The early childhood class is special ed. only, but all of the children have global delays-cognitive, physical, etc.-so they weren't entirely sure what to do with a child who just needs physical therapy. That made me a little uncomfortable. I'm sure it would have been fine if I decided to go for it, but it didn't make sense to me.
In other news, I'm up for another ear surgery soon. The cyst is back (which is normal, they are hard to get rid of). I have so many things going on in the next month, plus I am nursing full-time, so I was little frazzled when the ENT told me she suggests I have surgery within the next month. Boo.
Two boos in one post. Yikes! It truly is just the exhaustion.
My brother was married yesterday, at a beautiful outdoor wedding. I'm very happy for them, and we had a good time!
I will try to post some pictures soon onto my shutterfly account, so be checking that at times. I will try to write a post soon and give more details about the girls-that's what this blog is all about after all-so just hang tight, we'll get there. :)
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Summer Start
Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night. The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...
-
"I'm calling about my daughter Lara" "Okay, and what did Lara get into today?" Since the girls have been congested a...
-
We'll start off with the heavier issues today, and end on a lighter note. First, I have started watching "Parenthood." I real...
-
"You have 489 days - 16 hours - 20 minutes - and 46 seconds until your child is out of the terrible twos phase." - Terrible Twos C...
No comments:
Post a Comment