Friday, February 19, 2010

Hello, Friday

LOVE this comment from my cousin:
"Busyness rapes relationships. It substitutes shallow frenzy for deep friendship. It promises satisfying dreams but delivers hollow nightmares. It feeds the ego but starves the inner man. It fills a calendar but fractures ...a family." -Growing Strong In The Seasons Of Life ~~

Lara, oh, sorry, SNOW WHITE PRINCESS, is making a blueberry pie.

(Ps Dear Whoever First Came Up With the Idea of a Lattice Crust, you are forever NOT my friend.) The inside of this pie turned out totally awesome, but the crust was just not quite right. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that the irritation bubble above my head grew alarmingly big because I was trying to do the lattice (and, come on, I can barely make those little pot holder things) while Lara, uhum, SNOW WHITE, kept eating the blueberries right out from underneath the crust!! That is not what princesses do!

2 comments:

Candy said...

I have a solution to your lattice crust... I will post on my blog:)

Ema said...

Love the quote!!!

Summer Start

Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night.  The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...