I sent a status on FB about a dining experience I had the OG, and my sister told me to post about it. Well it is not a big deal, but in case others wanted to hear about it, I figured I would do that.
A couple weeks ago, just Lara and I went to the OG after shopping and therapy. There were 4 employees standing in the lobby, but they were all staring at the front doors, looking rather...peeved. I picked up a really weird vibe as we walked in, and it worsened when I approached the desk in the middle of the room, and was still not greeted or acknowledged in any way. They were just staring, looking rather snooty, and seemed tense. As I stood there (and no one else was there to be seated b/c we were eating an early lunch) waiting, some of the employees began talking to each other, and it was apparent something had gone wrong and they were blaming each other. Finally one man burst out with, "I AM doing my job! What is that supposed to mean?"
Now, being of a sensitive nature and also being highly intuitive, I became very awkward and tense with the comments and body language, and also felt stupid just standing there with no attention. It is possible that they were working on something more pressing, of course. We were taken care of, and we sat for a couple minutes, and I kept watching the employees, all 4 of them, very tense and unfriendly.
So that's it. I contemplated on the nature of events, and decided to say something, which I DO NOT do. I am just not one of those people. So I told the OG about the situation and explained that I have been to that OG a MILLION times and have never had a bad experience, but I simply will not tolerate young, snooty, discontent employees. They can take their bad attitude somewhere else, and treat me with the respect I deserve because, after all, I am helping them to pay their bills. Ok, so maybe I didn't actually say it like that, but I gently explained that going out to eat should not be an awkward situation. I wanted to put a paper bag over my head when I left the building. You see, I am sensitive.
And I am also getting a free gift card. But then I just felt like a mean, spoiled tattletale. Anybody want a gift card?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Summer Start
Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night. The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...
-
"I'm calling about my daughter Lara" "Okay, and what did Lara get into today?" Since the girls have been congested a...
-
We'll start off with the heavier issues today, and end on a lighter note. First, I have started watching "Parenthood." I real...
-
"You have 489 days - 16 hours - 20 minutes - and 46 seconds until your child is out of the terrible twos phase." - Terrible Twos C...
2 comments:
Don't feel bad about the gift card! OG just wants to make sure your bad experience doesn't stop you from coming back. I don't think making one comment makes you a tattletale, I mean, it's not like you are doing it every time you go. (At least, I dont' think you are :-)
You earned that GC by having an uncomfortable lunch at a place you normally love! Use it girl! (If you feel REALLY bad about using it, Tinkerbel and I would be glad to join you to ease your discomfort!) :)
Post a Comment