Dustin and I both had doctor appointments at the same time this morning. Me to see the ENT, and him to see our regular doctor. Dustin went in yesterday to discuss the possibility of getting his tonsils removed. The doctor told him to come back the next time he had a sore throat, which just so happened to be today! I dropped Dustin & Lara off (I didn't think I could handle Lara at my appointment) and headed down the street to my ENT (this was all in Lincoln). Dustin got done WAY before I did, so they just walked the distance between the buildings, which was not far.
Anyway, my appointment turned out quite dismal, with the doctor barging in with "Bad news, girl!" Dustin's appointment turned out unhelpful, as the doctor said his sickness is just a virus so medicine wouldn't be necessary. Also, he has to get strep 8 times in a year to be a candidate for tonsil surgery. His tonsils aren't big enough anyway. I was thinking about that for Lara. While Lara is a very healthy girl, and has yet to get strep or anything of the like, even so, 8 times is A LOT! I think I would be pushing for surgery after the 4th time! But I know doctors have their reasons and rules, and that's good.
It's a good thing I am a mom. Nothing gives me joy like a sweet little toddler who is just so silly! I pushed myself out of bed when I decided I wasn't going to pout around all day. And the weather was beautiful. Maybe God was trying to cheer me up!
Well, sorry for such a depressing post, and it wasn't even about Lara! Well, to make up for it, here are some pictures.


No comments:
Post a Comment