Sunday, May 4, 2008

Wow

I love to read other mothers' blogs. But some moms, well...maybe some moms document a little too much? Like...it's hard when I am reading this enjoyable blog, and then the mother discusses how her child threw up, how much she threw up, and hey, in case you don't get it, let's include a picture of the vomit! (I promise this is true, and now I don't feel well.) I also do not really like the potty pictures. I totally understand the huge excitement that comes with a child learning to use the potty, but...I am just not sure how I feel about posting pictures of little ones actually USING the potty.


* * *

Today, my neighbor visited me. My house wasn't in good order since it is Sunday, but I told her to come right in and didn't let it bother me, so I am proud of myself. I do wish Lara wouldn't be so testy with her friend. Although today Lara had very little sleep because we were visiting her Uncle David, so she was in bad spirits both before and after her friend was here. However, a few times today Lara really stepped out of her shell and interacted very nicely with her friend. Not just side-by-side playing that is typical of her age, but actually making eye contact, smiling, and playing WITH Macy. In between her fits of tiredness. In general, Lara just does so much better with adults.

Also, another odd thing. The other day, Lara and I were having our daily morning reading time. We were looking through a flap book, and she saw an ice cream cone. So she pretended to pick it up, then she turned to me and fed me the ice cream cone. She did it again with something else. I asked Dustin if he taught her to do that, and he didn't. How do babies know how to do that-the pretend thing?

I bought Lara this dress. I think it's really cute, but do you think it's a little inappropriate? I didn't really think so when I first put it on her. I think it will be especially good for those hot summer days; I just couldn't wait. But now I wonder if it shows too much skin? Well, it is cute, that's for sure.

No comments:

Summer Start

Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night.  The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...